Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day is Almost Here!

I go back and forth on this holiday. Don't get me wrong, there is a big part of me that really wants to buy into the consumerism of it all. I am one sappy store display away from throwing my money at a Hallmark cashier in exchange for a giant plush bear and crappy mystery chocolates. The urge practically doubled  tripled once P was born. Can you imagine her face when she spots this enormous stuffed puppy holding a musical light-up heart box? (Insert heart-eyed smiley face emoji HERE!) I must buy ten.

But, seriously... we don't need that. We don't get much joy from it and I will likely end up chucking it all in the donate pile come spring cleaning next month. I must suppress the urge to go overboard.........

All of that being said, Valentine's Day in modern America typically boils down to one thing: expressing your love. If you choose to do that with a candlelight dinner, candy & stuffed bears, a sky writer, a barbershop quartet - whatever. It's fun to surprise one another, to be silly in expressing our love, and to have an altogether valid excuse to do something cheesy. 

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, and expressing your love (or, Like Like) here’s a collection of perfectly honest and cheese-worthy Valentines designed by yours truly. Feel free to download, print and send a little love this weekend.


XOXOX

Obviously, Troy may be getting this one.


For anyone, really.


But really, that's what lasers are for.


Our new Keurig makes it a close race, but hey...


Nothing says love like America's favorite barnyard animal


No man is perfect. I'd rather someone who takes diaper duty, anyway.


Like, it's more than just liking you. But, WHOA - not love, we're not going there yet.


Because: romance.


I KNOW YOU WHAAAALE, I KNOW YOU WHAAAALE


Inside all of us, there's a scared little lamb...afraid to take a chance.



Because stubble-free says a lot about your relationship. 


Best used in a "Mandatory Valentine" situation.


Because finding the silver lining is romantic.


A La Phoebe Buffay: HE'S HER LOBSTER!


Let 'em know you're in it for the right reasons now.

No comments:

Post a Comment